1. Select "File -> Plot...".
2. At the top of the pop-up window, you’ll see the folder location for your files, click browse. Make sure you’re in your project directory.
Make a new folder, give it an arbitrary name, select it, and click "Select Folder". Click "Yes" if asked to use a relative path.
3. On the left side, you’ll see the layers of the design. Select the layers you want to create a Gerber file for.
For a simple PCB, you’ll need:
- Top and Bottom silkscreen layers
- Front and back copper
- Edge cuts
Make sure the following layers are selected: "F.Cu", "B.Cu", "F.SilkS", "B.SilkS", "F.Mask", "B.Mask" and "Edge.Cuts".
The "In1" and "In2" layers are only needed for four-layer boards.
4. Copy the "General Options" according to the picture.
5. Click "Plot" in the bottom right of the window to generate the Gerbers. You can see the files generating in the "Output Messages" field.
Generating NC Drill File
1. Click on "Generate Drill Files..." next to the "Plot" button.
Check the options as seen on the picture and leave everything else to default, then click the "Generate Drill File" button in the bottom right of the window.
2. In the "Messages" field you can see the drill files generating.
It is recommended that you check the generated files with a Gerber Viewer.
Check the extensions of every generated file according to the table below. Rename them if necessary. After that, put them in a ZIP and then upload it to the Nyákfutár's order site.
A Gerber állományok kiterjesztésének átírása
Extensions in case of 2 layers:
|NC Drill||pcbname.TXT / XLN|
|Mechanical Layer||pcbname.GKO / GML|
In case of one layer, only "Top" and "Bottom" files are required.
Additional Gerber files for 4 layers:
|Inner1 layer||pcbname.G2L / G1|
|Inner2 layer||pcbname.G3L / G2|
Increasing the number of layers on the PCB will result in a higher number of inner layers.